4TH SESSION OF THE INDUSTRIAL FORUM
The fourth session of the Industrial Forum took place on October 10, 2014 at "Boyana" Residence. The event was opened by the President and Supreme Commander in Chief of Armed Forces of Republic of Bulgaria Mr. Rosen Plevneliev. The main focus of the event was put on the opportunities, procedures and approaches for participation of the Bulgarian defense industry and R&D community in projects led by EU and NATO Agencies.
The meeting was attended by: NATO Assistant Secretary General for Defence Policy and Planning Mr. Heinrich Braus; Minister of Economy and Energy Mr. Vasil Shtonov; Defense Minister Mr. Velizar Shalamanov; General Manager of NCIA Mr. Koen Gijsbers ; General Manager of NSPA Mr. Mike Lyden; Deputy Chief Executive of the European Defence Agency Mr. Rini Goos; Chairman of NATO Investment Committee colonel Konstantin Nesterov; representatives of state institutions, Bulgarian defense industry and research community with interests in security and defense area.
In the course of the event the emphasis was put on the recently adopted by the Bulgarian Council of Ministers National program "Bulgaria in NATO and in the European Defence 2020". The participants discussed the possibilities for its resource provision and participation of the Bulgarian defense industry and NATO and the EU agencies in its implementation.
In support of the Forum, an Industrial day was held on 09 October. The aim of the event was to familiarize the participants with the practical aspects of participation in projects led by EU and NATO Agencies. All briefings presented during the both days of the event can be found under "Documents“ category on the Industrial forum’s website or by following the hyperlinks beneath.
INDUSTRIAL DAY 09 OCTOBER 2014
1. Investment Committee’s Role for Financing Capabilities through NATO Security Investment Programme (NSIP) - Colonel Konstantin Nesterov, Chairman NATO Investment Committee;
2. How to Participate in NATO Led Projects? – presentation and practical session NCIA Future Projects - Mr. Peter Scaruppe, Director of Acquisition , NATO Communication and Information Agency (NCIA) and NSPA Future Projects - Mr. Robbert Smit, Deputy Director of Procurement & Competition Advocate, NATO Support Agency (NSPA);
3. How to Participate in EU Led Projects? – EDA Future Projects - Mr. Marian Savu, European Defence Agency;
4. Security and Defense R&D Capabilities in the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences Prof. Stefan Hadjitodorov, Director of Center for National Security and Defence Research;
5. Guaranteeing NATO and EU Classified Information Security in the Area of the Industrial Security in the Republic of Bulgaria - Mr. Boris Dimitrov, Chairman of the State Commission on Information Security;
6. Exhibition Hemus 2014 - Lessons Learned and Preparation for Hemus 2016 - Vice Admiral, Ret. Minko Kavaldjiev, Chairman of the Steering Board, HEMUS Foundation.
INDUSTRIAL FORUM 10 OCTOBER 2014
1. Post Wales Summit – Priorities for Defence Capabilities Development - Mr. Heinrich Brauss, Assistant Secretary General for Defense Policy and Planning (DPP);
2. Bulgarian Industry Development and Innovations for Security and Defence - Mr. Vassil Shtonov, Minister of Economy and Energy;
3. Implementation of the „NATO and EU first” Policy for Modernization of Bulgarian Armed Forces – Basis for Economic Growth, Innovation and Cooperation in the Euro-Atlantic Area - Mr. Velizar Shalamanov, Minister of Defence;
4. Vision “Bulgaria in NATO and in European Defence 2020” - Mr. Pavel Anastasov, Deputy Minister of Defence;
5. Resource management for the National Program „Bulgaria in NATO and in European Defence 2020” - Mrs. Desislava Yosifova, Deputy Minister of Defence;
6. Major Capabilities Packages – Major General Konstantin Popov,Deputy Chief of Defence;
7. Project management in developing and maintaining capabilities at the Ministry of Defence - Mr. Dobromir Totev, Permanent Undersecretary of Defence ;
8. Science and Innovations for Security and Defence. Role and Place of TEREM in the National Program „Bulgaria in NATO and in European Defence 2020” - Mr. Kamen Iliev, Chairman of the Board of Directors of TEREM Ltd;
9. Bulgarian Defence Industry potential for Participation in the Modernization of the Armed Forces - Acad. Stefan Vodenicharov, Chairman of BAS and cochairman of the Bulgarian Defence Industries Association;
10. NSPA Role in Capabilities Development and Logistic Support - Mr. Mike Lyden, General Manager, NATO Support Agency;
11. NCIA Role in Development of C2 systems, CIS Services and Cyber Defence - Mr. Koen Gijsbers, General Manager, NATO Communication and Information Agency;
12. Cooperation opportunities in key capabilities development through execution of joint projects and programs - Mr. Rini Goos, Deputy Chief Executive, European Defence Agency;
13. Building national capacity for R&D, decision support, education and training: Multi stakeholder approach to cyber security and resilience - Prof.Todor Tagarev, Institute of Information and Communication Technologies, Former Minister of Defence and Dr. Georgi Sharkov, National Coordinator for Cyber Defence and Cyber Security.